5 easy ways to create moments of mindfulness
1) Breathe. Inhale, exhale. Repeat. Simple and effective.
2) Get grounded. Stop the cyclone of ‘busy’ and get both your feet on the ground. Sit up tall in your chair and place your hands on your thighs. Observe the change that happens in your thoughts when you slow down, take a breath and allow yourself to pause.
3) Pick up a pen. Start or end your day with a brief journal entry of stream of consciousness writing. Unload your thoughts onto paper.
4) Move your body. Movement is known to connect individuals to themselves and to support learning and information retention.
5) Get App Happy. Download Buddhify, an app that supports meditation any time, any where. You’ll find yourself observing things you’ve never considered before